Whatcha Been Up To?


Our family has been busy-busy.  We have been taking tennis lessons and just started Taekwondo this week and began visiting a new church.  We're making new friends, attending fun fellowships and field trips. 

Families we know are finishing up school, but we never stop!  We do four days per week, even if that means catching up on a Saturday.  But we do less per day than most folks we know.  Little Man will be starting 2nd grade this summer, and the four year old is halfway through Kindergarten.  
They are taking advantage of beautiful Spring days for class outside,
before the Arkansas summertime temps arrive! :)


Our big news is that son #2 has left his job at ChickFilA for a "real" job! He's acting and looking more like a grown man every day!  

We are so very blessed for him to have been offered an apprenticeship, working alongside an electrician friend we know and trust.  Seeing how he did not want to attend college, this is the perfect opportunity. 

The college thing??  I'm over it. 
REALLY, I am!  ;) 
It's getting easier for me to say that college isn't for everyone. 

Yep. 
This son is trading in his little sporty car for a work truck this afternoon.  I never liked this car, doesn't seem like the safest one he could've chosen, but now that it's going away, I'm sad.  I get attached to things, and this just says Jake. :*(  


Aside from the safety and practical aspects of owning a truck, I cannot wait to *see* him as a TRUCK MAN!  WooHoo!!  Way to go Jake! :)



By the way.... (and getting off topic..)

How do you Mama a grown man?  I have two of them... grown sons.  It is SUPER hard finding that balance of knowing when to talk and when to hush.  Even though they are grown, you still hurt when they hurt, cry when they are disappointed, miss them when they are away and as they start their own lives without your constant guidance.  I know...  Give Them Wings and all.  Man it's hard.

Or how about this... seeing a hair out of place and you can no longer just reach (way) up and brush it aside.... OR, when they have ketchup on their face and you can't spit-wash it off! 

My men-children no longer let me cut their hamburgers in half... nor tell them NO when they order Mt. Dew.  For the one that's still at home... I do still check socks & undies for holes!!  Hey... if you look good on the outside, and wear socks and undies with holes... that's a spiritual condition in my book. ;)

Nope.  Those days are gone. :*(  What's a Mom to do? 

Well, do like I did just have more in your old age! :)
Or... wait for grandbabies. 
I am blessed with both.. young children and my first grandbaby... growing up together.  I still get to be Mom and have the pleasure of spoiling a grandson... then sending him home.
You have heard about that sort of revenge... it's true. ;)

Meanwhile, Hubby and I work together at raising these little ones.

 
Our most recent family field trip to Crystal Bridges Museum

 
We strive daily to set good examples for them, even in the chaos and evil world in which we live.  As homeschoolers, we have the privilege of exposing them to the things of the world at our own pace as we feel they are ready.  We have experienced some heartache along the way, most recent with changes in our church, and other life-struggles.  But we keep them busy, teaching them that God is always good, and folks will be folks.  We are always learning.  Good and bad... Our Lord controls it all.


And He makes all things beautiful in it's time :)




 

Comments