Wednesday with too much coffee-thoughts...

~Remember when long stoplights were a nuisance?  With the invention of smart phones, extra long minutes at a stoplight now become email check or texting time!  I find this hilarious.  Now we WANT longer stoplights! If I'm at a stoplight sending or answering a text or email, I look up at the light, back down at my phone, back at the light... NO!! Don't turn green yet!!  In quickly trying to get that message out, I end up sending misspelled, mixed up sentences and hope the other person gets my drift.  Hey, at least I'm waiting for the light and not texting while driving. ;)

~At the church we've been visiting, there is a sign outside where for as long as I can remember there has always been a Scripture Verse posted.  While out shopping one day, we drove by a church  with a sign that had a funny slogan... something about a "Son-burn"... I can't remember what all it said, but it got me to thinking about our sign.  Scripture alone will either draw people in, or it will repel.  Which do you want at your church with your children and family?  Those who love the Scripture and are drawn to it??  Hmmmm....

~So Hubby wants me to become a concealed carrier.  We drove an hour and a half up the mountain to Cabelas. The gun sales guy spoke in gun terminology, a language I could not understand.  He asked me to weigh a particular gun by holding it my hands.  Ok.  So as I took the gun from him, my knees became like jello, the store suddenly got dark, everything was spinning.  "No gun today, Dear".  I know it's coming, I know I need to do this... but today isn't the day... disappointed Hubby.  But while we're here so close to the Pinnacle... how about a little shopping therapy?  ;)

~Have you ever noticed that bullies don't have to be big scary people with mullets and muscle shirts?  They can be the most humble appearing folks.  They bully because when they have a mission in mind (to further their own cause), they are tireless and relentless in their approach... until the other person or people are exhausted and give in.  Then... everyone treads quietly, trying not to upset them for fear of another "episode".  Precious time is spent placating and reassuring them.  As long as the bully is happy, all is peaceful... that is until the next big thing in his/her own mind.  God help the one who upsets them.  Who's at fault?  The bully, or those who allow it? 
Always, it is the one who upsets them.

~Pragmatism.  Whatever works to keep the wheels turning.  True ministry interrupted. Stagnant gospel.  

~The prodigal son.  Rich Truth lies deep within this parable.  Don't mistake the obedient hard working son for a man after God's own heart.  He is quiet in his rebellion and disobedience.  In His timing, God will always expose a sinful rebellious spirit.

~Worldliness.  Priority is self.  When people rise, churches fall, families fall away, ...and no one cares. 

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!









 

Comments