A Mama Bird Protects Her Nest



I'm so silly.
I watched this nest being built diligently by it's "homeowner".
I don't know if the Mama was expecting at the time... or knew it wouldn't be long before she was.
I wish I had documented it better, I've learned so much from it.

She found a firm foundation & a safe place to build in a little nook on the guttering drain, underneath an overhang.  What wisdom in building her home!  
The little family is safe from the elements...

and from my cat, Exodus. :)

I wish I knew more about birds... the kids & I will have to do a little study. 
One thing I do know about is being a Mama.  
~~~~~~~~~~~
I got up close to these little guys...

And there she came!
Ohhhhh what a sweet picture of a protective Mama!

She hunts every morning, and always finds food.
They are thriving!
God's provision. 

Now...
with wings flapping, they look out over the walls of  safety.
It won't be long.
I wonder if she is sad?
I am sad for her. :(

Just like it is for we human Mama's...
It goes by all too quickly.



Today...they're gone. :)

Comments