It is FINISHED!

It is FINISHED!

Yes!  My Mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in August of 2016.  She had a 3.8 centimeter tumor, which is bigger than a golf ball, but smaller than a lemon. She hadn't had a mammogram in 20 or so years, started having some pain and felt a lump.  She had Stage 3 Cancer.  Her team of doctors went to work right away.  She had surgery to insert a chemo port which she would have throughout her treatment. Then, we began aggressive chemotherapy.  I forget the technical name for it, but we all call it the Red Devil.  It is the color red, and is as mean and hateful as the devil!  What I saw... was LIFE.

You will notice that when talking about this year-long journey, I say... a LOT... the word "we".  That's because Cancer doesn't affect only one person in your family.  It changes ALL our lives.  My Mom handled it like a trouper!  And my Step-Dad took care of her every single day!  There were very hard, dark days, but here we are almost a year later, and she has "graduated"!  We are so glad to have this all behind us, and looking forward to brighter days ahead!  

Soli Deo Gloria!



Why do some folks live, and some die from Cancer?  I do not know.  The battle was won this time for our family.  I saw the hand of God in His grace sustain us, I could tell you a million stories about it!  Like... when He led me to First Thessalonians 5:18.. In all things give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

But, Lord!  Give thanks in ALL things??? Even... CANCER?
Well... we are the ones who tend to put the emphasis on the word ALL.  But He led me to put it on the word "IN".  

So... I did. 

"In" this journey, I gave/give thanks for Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals, Medications, and... Waiting Rooms.  For wigs, eye brow pencils, and false fingernails.  For specialty chemo & radiation lotions & soaps homemade by sweet friends!  For pink ribbons, and fundraisers, support groups, for facebook and prayer groups...

For friends, who truly pray and who truly want good for us.

So... "IN" it all, thank You, Jehovah Rapha... the Great Physician, the God Who Heals us. 
One day... I may thank You for the C-word, too.

Comments